MINI ENCYCLOPEDIA – SCIENCE is the mini book crammed with masses of knowledge about the world of scientific discoveries and inventions. Interesting bulleted facts for easy understanding. Color-coded sections help children to navigate the book. Brilliantly detailed illustrations and photos support learning.
One of our most popular science books for kids needing detailed explanations, Mini Encyclopedia Space is small enough to slot into school bags, making this a fantastic resource for school projects and homework at senior elementary school. This compact, comprehensive children’s encyclopedia uses clear, bulleted facts and incredible info panels to explain everything from forces to zoology and technology. Every topic is supported by photographs, realistic artwork and detailed diagrams, and color-coded sections make navigation through the topics easy and quick.
Chapters and topic examples of Mini Encyclopedia Science:
- Matter: Atoms, Elements and Crystals
- Materials and Chemicals: The Periodic Table, Oxygen and Water Energy,
- Force and motion: Vectors, Pressure and Temperatures
- Electricity, magnetism and radiation: Electronics, Color and Sound
- Frontiers of science: Quantum physics, Nuclear power and Genetic
- Engineering Technology: Computers, Television and the Internet
- Planet Earth: Earthquakes, Weather and Climate Change
- Plants: Leaves, Pollination and Seeds
- Animals: Mammals, Fish and Insects
- Amazing facts for kids to learn include: Tungsten has the highest melting point of any metal it melts at 3410 degrees Celsius. The half-life of a radioactive substance is the time it takes for half of its radioactive atoms to decay. The electrical resistance of dry skin is 500,000 ohms, whereas wet skin is just 1000 ohms.
Publisher : Miles Kelly
Publish date: August 15, 2015
Language : English
Paperback : 384 pages
Reading age : 6 – 10 years
Dimensions : 5 x 1 x 6 inches